In the coming weeks, Liv (Speech Pathologist) and Rishika (School Counsellor) will begin some small group sessions which will focus on Social Skills and Loss & Change.
If you feel your child would benefit from being part of these groups, please contact Cathy Sims or Marg Masseni.
Sessions will focus on:
- Taking turns
- Winning and loosing
- Initating, mantaining and ending conversations appropirately
- Saying excuse me/ interrupting / manners
- Thinking about others
- Flexible thinking
- Eye contact
- Asking for help/ requesting
- Social cues
- Context appropriate volume
Loss and Change
- What are they- what do they feel like, look like, sound like?
- Recognising them in others and yourself
- Problem solving and coping skills
- relationship changes
- the death of a loved one
- removal from family members
- traumatic events at home or within the community
- family breakdown.